Published March 30, 2020
Welcome to Shopi! Shopi seamlessly integrates the physical retail world with digital experiences.
Fijital Bilisim A.S. (“Shopi”) has created the following Privacy Statement to describe our privacy practices for those individuals visiting our website (located at www.shopihq.com) and other social media (collectively, our “Digital Properties”). This Privacy Statement also provides a high-level description of our data practices in connection with the operation of our platform on behalf of retailers. If you have any questions for us about our practices, our contact information is listed at the end of this document.
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we do so, we will update the “Last Updated” date above. You should revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the updated version here and notify consumers by email or by means of a prominent notice on our Digital Properties.
To note, if your company engages Shopi to provide services, your company and Shopi will enter into a separate agreement that will govern the use of all of the information and data collected and maintained by Shopi in connection with the Shopi platform. Any agreement between your company and Shopi will take precedence over any conflicting provision in this Privacy Statement.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, including without limitation name, email address, phone number and other contact information. We collect your name and contact information only when you voluntarily provide us with that information. For example; if you register (i) to receive a white paper, (ii) to apply for a job, (iii) to request a demo or other information from us, we will use your email address to confirm your registration.
We may also send you information we think may be of interest to you concerning the Shopi platform and related topics. Each of our marketing emails will include an automated way for you to unsubscribe from that particular communication or from all marketing emails sent by Shopi.
We also collect certain data automatically from standard web analytics providers. For example, Shopi receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, device specifications, location specifications, date and time of your visit and the pages you request. In addition, we may collect information using cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, embedded web links, and similar technologies. The information collected is used to administer, maintain and improve our Digital Properties. It tells about how the Digital Property is being used and helps us tailor our Digital Properties to the needs of our visitors.
We may also use information we collect to provide advertising to you on third party sites. You can choose to reject certain collection technologies (such as cookies) but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features of our Digital Properties.
Shopi does not collect information about your online activities across different websites, over time. Accordingly, we do not currently respond to “do not track” browser requests.
We consider your personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you and will not transfer your information to third parties, except in the limited circumstances described below:
-Web Analytics Providers, Retailers and Related Third Parties: Shopi, like many businesses, sometimes uses other companies to perform certain business-related functions, including the functions described in this Privacy Statement. Examples of such functions include collecting and analyzing data about visits to our site, managing email campaigns and maintaining databases. When we employ another company to perform a service on our behalf, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. Our vendors are required to maintain the confidentiality of the data they process on our behalf. We also may share your information with our clients, retail companies.
– Related Companies: We may share your personal data with any entity that is affiliated with us, including our UK affiliate, for certain purposes such as consolidation or operational needs. In addition, in the event of an asset sale, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal information may be included in the transferred assets. As a result, successor of Shopi may continue to use your information as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
– Legal Requirements and Other Circumstances: Shopi may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect the rights or property of Shopi or any third party.
We provide all visitors to our Digital Properties with the below mentioned rights as to their personal information. You can send any request by email to email@example.com.
– Learn whether or not her/his personal data have been processed; – Request information as to processing if her/his data have been processed; – Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data is used in accordance with their purpose; – Know the third parties (local or foreign) to whom personal data have been transferred; – Request correction in case personal data is processed incompletely or inaccurately; – Request deletion or destruction of personal data; – Request notification to the third parties with whom the personal data is transferred of the actions taken as per (d) and (e) above; – Object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of the personal data, which may give way to an unfavourable result; – Request compensation in case the personal data is unlawfully processed.
You may at any time ask us to stop sending marketing communications to you, including by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any e-mail communications we send you. If you have any questions in relation to the “Unsubscribe” process, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of Your Information
We will take reasonable precautions to protect personal data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is, however, 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security.
Our Digital Properties may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that Shopi is not responsible for the privacy policies of other properties. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of those other properties to understand their practices. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Shopi through its Digital Properties.
Operation of the Shopi Solutions
Shopi provides solutions that enables retailers to provide unified commerce experience to their customers across several channels. In doing so, we process information about those consumers on behalf of each retailer, including personal data specific to their transactions with the retailer. Shopi will use, process and disclose personal data received through its platform solely as instructed by the retailer and solely for the purpose of providing our service to the applicable retailer. Shopi will not use or process any personal data received through the platform for any other purpose. Shopi may use non-personal derived from users interactions with the Shopi products in connection with the maintenance, improvement and provision of Shopi’s service offerings.
If you are a customer of a retailer that uses the Shopi products, we acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. If you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please inquire with the retailer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to Shopi, please provide the name of the retailer who submitted your data to our service. We will refer your request to that retailer, and will support them as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please reach out to us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Privacy Inquiries, Fijital Bilisim A.S. Sultan Selim Mh. Humeyra sk. No: 6 /5 34415 Kagithane / Istanbul Turkey.
Shopi uses a content management system (CMS) that places session cookies in the user’s browser in order to provide a smooth experience when using our site. These cookies carry only technical information that is used by Shopi in improving your experience on our site.
Shopi also uses trusted third parties to provide us with specialised services to improve our business and your experience with our website. These third-party cookies are set by the companies listed below and used for the following purposes:
– Statistical information. We use a number of third party services to collect statistical information that helps us understand how our users interact with our website. The companies that set cookies for that purpose are: Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Doubleclick and other companies with whom we may engage in in the future.
– Social media. We use social media buttons and plugins on our site that allow visitors to connect with their preferred social media in various ways, improving the usability of our site. The organizations that set cookies for that purpose are: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and etc.
– Improved experience. We use third parties with specialised services that let us expand the functionality of our website. The organizations that set cookies for that purpose are: Google Maps and Google Fonts.
How to disable cookies
You can disable your cookies in the configuration of your web browser. There is no industry standard for how to disable cookies. You can usually find those instructions in the Preferences or Help menu of your specific browser.